Friday, February 16, 2018

Idea Napkin

1)   I am a "fit-repreneur"... In other words, fitness is my life, and I plan to make it my career.  I am about to graduate with a B.S. in applied physiology and kinesiology with a specialization in health and wellness.  I am an ISSA certified personal trainer.  I am an NPC bikini bodybuilder, flexible dieter, and invest pretty much all of my free time into educating myself more about fitness.  
Fitness has been my life since I was 16, and I'm just trying to find a way to make it profitable.  This business idea will allow me to do what I love everyday and educate people about what I am passionate about, and make a living.

2)  I'm offering a service of fitness coaching to clients.  This service is to solve their problem of not being successful in accomplishing their fitness goals on their own.  Whether that be because they don't know what to make of all the contradictory information available about health/fitness,  or they lack accountability etc. 
In addition to the service of coaching I will also offer training and nutrition plans that are customizable, as well as non customized programs to target people with different financial resources. 
3) I am offering the specific, customized training/nutrition plan with check-ins and communication with myself, to only those who are extremely serious about their fitness goals and are willing to commit 100% to accomplishing their goal, and can afford to spend the time/financial resources to do so.  Furthermore, there will be an application process before being accepted to work with me, where I will decide if their goals are reasonable, and can be attained in a healthy fashion.
The training programs (specifically the non-customized workout plans which will be the cheapest option) are offered to a larger population.  These customers can be a lot less serious about their goals; they may not have specific goals at all, and are just looking for structure in their workouts.  These customers also do not need to have as much time/ financial resources as those who want the fitness coaching service.
4) I plan to grow my social media platforms (Instagram and YouTube) where my audience will be able to see that I am knowledgeable about health and fitness and not just some Instagram model selling a workout plan she didn't even write.  In addition, my audience will be able to see my credibility through my personal physique and experience bodybuilding, as well as other client testimonies.
*Basically think of your favorite IG model/fitspiration/YouTuber and how they grow a large social media following, and then direct their audience to their website to purchase X.
5) As mentioned in number 1, I have a degree in this stuff... I'm not just some tool telling you to eat 500g protein a day with no rhyme or reason (LOL).   In addition, I'm a certified personal trainer, and I have experience from competing in bodybuilding competitions myself.  I'm knowledgeable, I use science to back up my information/reasoning, and I have experience and a physique that makes me credible.  I utilize flexible dieting, which means more freedom with what you eat, no BS meal plans telling you to just eat tilapia and asparagus.... and I use other strategies to ensure that my clients metabolisms don't suffer.  Overall, I get people to their goals in the HEALTHIEST, and most SUSTAINABLE way possible.  I'm not selling some quick-fix BS.  I'm selling the opportunity to work with a coach who knows her s**t, cares about her clients health in the long term, and will educate them about why we do things the way we do them, making them successful in the long term!

2 comments:

  1. From my perspective, you listed three really important things to take into account with the ideas of your business concept: your passion, your education and your experience in all things fitness. Your passion will be the driving force to influence others to trust you with their health, and your education and experience will make you credible. You will really have to differentiate and market yourself for people to want to apply to work with you. Keep up the great ideas and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the idea napkin was a great assignment to really break down our opportunities. The part of your napkin that was the easiest to relate was the area where you mentioned following your favorite fitness influencer and they redirect you to buy something. I'm a big fan of Steve Cook and Steve Weatherford, both of these fitness icons post many times daily on their Instagram's, and always make sure that at least one post takes you to their new online programming or merch.

    ReplyDelete