Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Solving the Problem

The opportunity I chose to pursue is providing a service of fitness-coaching.  The "problem" I'm trying to solve is that (some) people are unsuccessful in accomplishing their fitness goals because they lack the knowledge and/or accountability required to be successful.

First, I want to grow my social media platforms (Instagram and YouTube).  This will allow me to establish an audience/population of people interested in fitness, to whom I will market my services.

I plan to create a website to sell my services.  I will focus mostly on one-on-one coaching.

  • One-on-one coaching will entail working personally (myself) with the client.  Together we will discuss their goals, and decide on a healthy approach to achieve them in an appropriate amount of time.  I will provide the client with a nutrition and training plan.  The client will be required to send me their beginning stats (height, weight, measurements and before photos), and check-in with me on a weekly basis so I can personally track their progress and make adjustments as needed.  They will correspond with me weekly and as needed for questions/support.  This is the most in depth service offered, and requires building a relationship between client and coach.
 The price will vary based on the length of time required to reach the goal, as well as the client's knowledge and ability.   But, one-on-one coaching will be the most expensive service offered, because it requires the most amount time, planning, and investment on my end.


As I realized when interviewing people to "test my hypothesis," one-on-one coaching is not ideal or affordable for everyone and their goals.  So in addition, I will offer personalized coaching to varying degrees.  For example, personalized training OR nutrition plans sold independently, for a one-time purchase, with no weekly check-ins from me.  I will also sell training programs that are not personalized for an even cheaper amount.  For example, an '8 week Booty Builder" program etc.  These non-personalized plans will sell for about $30-$50. 

So basically I'll have a 3 tier system.

  1. Not personalized training programs (cheapest option)
  2. Personalized training or nutrition programs
  3. Personalized one-on-one coaching with weekly correspondence from me (most expensive option)

I think that covers all the basis... at least you get the picture here.

A few of my peers asked how I plan to differentiate myself from other coaches so I wanted to address that as well.  
I'm credible:
First, I am an ISSA certified personal trainer, I will soon have my B.S. in applied physiology and kinesiology (and may go back for my masers in exercise science) and am personally an NPC bikini competitor.  

 In addition to this, I use a flexible dieting approach rooted in scientific data; no fad diets, no BS cleanses, no boring meal-plans.  I intend to coach all my clients as safely as possible without pushing them to unhealthy extremes.  I believe in reaching your fitness goals in the most healthy and sustainable way possible, with the least negative repercussions at the metabolic and hormonal level.  
 



My goal is to inspire, motivate, and educate people to obtain their fitness goals in the healthiest and most sustainable way possible!

3 comments:

  1. With the increase of diabetes and obesity in the United States, I believe this is a great opportunity. Not only will you be able to share your passion for health and fitness, but you will also impact the lives others by exposing them to a healthy lifestyle. Although your qualities (such as your education and experience) are absolutely amazing and necessary, I still believe the greatest challenge you will have is setting yourself apart from all other personal trainers in the business. Your sincere personality and intentions will definitely help with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's clear you've found a passion in health and fitness. I think it's great that you've pointed out the different services available. I know some of the biggest names in men's bodybuilding such as "Steve Cook", have incorporated these general plans such as "How to grow bigger arms", but also have apps available that do weekly check ins and such. I personally meal prep and know that often times the meals are boring and feel unbearable to eat, so hopefully you can help some people out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a great idea! I think a very important point of emphasis is the different price points. With your three different options you cover all different types of customers, and with each option they will receive a service that will help them in their goals. Also, differentiating yourself from other coaches will certainly help you expand your business. Maybe you can even implement a referral system that gives a small discount to customers who refer you to others.

    ReplyDelete